Tuesday, June 12, 2012

You and Me and Baby makes Threeeee



As I wrote in my last blog, the number three was used to give understanding to the concept or idea of what it was that one had under consideration. And I used the term 'attitude' which was the combination, so to speak, between 'experience' and 'opinion'. In other words, as one gains experience, one depends less on opinion in establishing his attitude. But in either case "attitude" always remains the sum of experience plus opinion and can never be 1oo% experience nor 100% opinion.
Our world is a dualistic world which is made up of a whole lot of "opposites". The Greeks, as least as we can tell, realized that there was something more than just the black/white of everyday existence and this they defined as the trichotomy or the Golden Mean or perhaps what Socrates meant as Values. In this case the 'value' is the mean or middle ground between two opposites and is the ordering rather than the resolution of the dualism.

3 comments:

  1. Richard, is this your only website? I just googled astrology in West Chester and came upon an article from the end of last year about classes you were teaching. I've been slowly teaching myself astrology, but would absolutely love to take some classes from someone experienced. I sometimes think of taking this on as a career. I look forward to hearing back. Thank you very much.. Shannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon... this is my only blog. But yes i have been trying to get a class in astrology going but for some reason it has not worked out... i have tried the Chester County Night School, the Second Reading Bookstore and the West Chester Area Senior Center. It seems that i can't find a home for this. I am open to teaching small groups..6-8 in my home if that will work since i have a lot to say but apparently no one to say it to.

      Delete
  2. Shannon... I have been away from my blog for health reasons. But now I am back in harness and putting together some ideas for future blogs. As far as teaching goes, the folks at West Chester U. either ignored my application to teach or they were unhappy with the subject. But in my stubborness I will go back at them for the next available session. If this doesn't work perhaps we can consider private classes depending on the interest.

    ReplyDelete